Quick and Affordable Appliance Repair
Family Owned Refrigerator Repair in Twin Cities
Minneapolis Appliance Repair Service should be your first choice for a refrigerator repair. We have GE Refrigerator Repair, Sears Refrigerator Repair, Kenmore Refrigerator Repair along with Maytag Refrigerator Repair and Whirlpool Refrigerator Repair. Also have the parts in our vans for fast Amana Refrigerator Repair and Jenn-Air Refrigerator Repair too.
Most Refrigerators so just ask we will be there today. You are just a phone call away from the answers you seek. Call and schedule now for the fast Refrigerator Repairs in Minneapolis-St Paul you know you deserve. The quicker you call Minneapolis Appliance Repair Service Co the sooner you can put this little challenge behind you.
Call Now Were Waiting
Call now it’s free and we will be there today, tonight, after work, or tomorrow morning. We try our best for whatever is convenient for your schedule. We work with two (2) hour windows of time so you don’t have to sit home all day. With us you won’t be hoping that your refrigerator repair man will show like clients tell me about factory Services. I call first every time to let you know ahead of time that we will be there shortly. This should give you enough time to make the work area safe.
Emergency Refrigerator Repair
Emergency refrigerator repair needed like a Sears Kenmore Refrigerator Repair, just ask so we can slip you in. Most fridges so just ask we will be happy you called. We are helpful and friendly, for any reason we can’t help you we will point you in the right direction. We’ll give you expert advice over the phone when you call, like should you fix the refrigerator or not. Sometimes refrigerator repair problems are easy to resolve or maybe you can repair the refrigerator yourself.
Below in the how to refrigerator repair tips section are things you should check before we drive to your home. These how to refrigerator repair tips save us time and you money or call 612-617-1000 today.
How To Refrigerator Repair Tips
- Clean the condenser coils annually, blowing them out is best.
- If your fridge has a computer reboot it by unplugging the fridge for five (5) minutes, problems will vanish sometimes.
- If the fridge is dead try the GFI circuit breaker or plug the fridge into a different outlet.
- Always make sure the temperature controls are in proper settings, about medium to start.
- Make sure the doors are closing tightly on there own and the ice chute door is closing too.
- Clean door seals and what they touch with soap and water. That’s Insurance you’ll never need to replace a sticky ripped or torn door seal .
- Food door storage should always be below 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure the fridge has been running at least 24 hours before the serviceman shows, unless you hear clicking noises.
- If the food door storage is too cold the water dispenser will freeze. No water will come out of the water dispenser in the freezer door for a cold glass of water.
- Plastic water supply lines to the fridge is an accident waiting to happen. They can be damaged and then leak until you find water damage everywhere.
More Refrigerator Repair Tips
- If a big party is planned use a cooler for beer and soft drinks. When the refrigerator door is open too much, the fridge runs non stop trying to cool down again. Then the compressor will never turn off for days and burn up the starting parts. Even the computer burns up, seen this happen many times.
- Any signs of a water leak turn the water off and call for service. If you can not find the water shut off call anytime.
- If you need Amana Refrigerator Repair because the refrigerator is dead and you have a bottom freezer drawer. Twice a year I find that the freezer is too full with food. When you pull the bottom freezer drawer open, the food turns the dial to the off position. Turn it on and send money to your favorite charity.
- How and why to organize your fruits and vegetables.
- Every adult person in the home should know where to shut off the water for the whole house. At least know where the fridge water shut off is incase of a refrigerator water leak.
- Make sure the refrigerator circuit breaker is clearly marked on the circuit breaker box ahead of an emergency. Practice with the adults finding and turning off the correct circuit breaker. Leave the refrigerator off 5 minutes between stops and starts.
- Need a GE Refrigerator Repair when the freezer goes up 10 degrees now and then, and returns to 0 again. This means your GE refrigerator is running to much and over heating. If you have this symptom call now before more damage occurs.
- Hydrogen Peroxide used correctly will clean and disinfect the refrigerator and it’s contents.
New Refrigerator Been Delivered
Just bought a new refrigerator with fancy displays and can’t understand. Read the user manual and figure out all features soon. I’m finding the refrigerator section after 2 years are set above 40 which can hurt you. I’m finding that freezers are set to cold. Remember zero for the freezer and 37 or 38 for the refrigerator. When pushing the up and down arrows you will see the word recommended and you just found the sweet spot. Maybe you are interested in a counter depth refrigerator. Investigate anti-tip brackets upon refrigerator installation. See if the old counter depth refrigerator has been fitted with these brackets. If not, call your model number into an appliance parts store and order the brackets. Have the brackets installed soon.
Sometimes a refrigerator may require a specific repair that is beyond your skill. In such a case, it is advisable not to attempt the refrigerator repairs. Put the fridge back together, tell us you took it apart. Then we will figure out the best coarse of action.
Minneapolis Appliance Repair Service is one of the most reliable refrigerator repair experts you can call for any refrigerator repair. With more than 38 years of professional experience in refrigerator repairs you will be happy you called us. Also not mentioned above we have Kitchen Aid Refrigerator Repair, Amana Refrigerator Repair. In need of Sears Refrigerator Repair and can’t wait a week ? Don’t wait we can be there today most times.
Most St. Paul – Minneapolis Fridge Repairs just ask. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime for any reason.
How to Refrigerator Repair Tips and Troubleshooting
Caution: Prior to starting repair work on a refrigerator, make sure that it is disconnected from the power source. Once the unit is unplugged, check whether the compressor of the unit has a capacitor. You can find the capacitor in a casing on the top or side of the compressor. Capacitors may carry an electrical charge even when the refrigerator is disconnected from its power source. Therefore, discharge the capacitor before your start the refrigerator repair in order to prevent receiving an electrical shock.
Water Leaking Outside the Refrigerator
More often than not, the ice maker line may have developed leakage, this causes water to drip. Or drain lines may be clogged from the freezer to the drain pan. Look for a shut-off valve, which will turn off the water and stop the leak. This shut-off valve may be located behind the refrigerator or under the kitchen sink. Follow the water line it could be downstairs too. Can’t find the water shut off call us and we will be glad to help over the telephone if possible.
Water Leaking Inside the Refrigerator
Most likely, it is the drain tube blockage which is causing the water leakage inside. Find the drain hole or line, which is usually located near the bottom or the back of the freezer compartment. Unclog the tube by pushing a 1/4 inch plastic tubing down it and running hot water through it.
How to Fix a Refrigerator That is Running Too Much
The refrigerator condenser coils located beneath your fridge will typically collect dust over a period of time. Use a vacuum cleaner, or blow them out with your wet or dry vacuum or leaf blower. Remember that makes quite a mess so cover the area with sheets or towels.. The cycles will return to normal and the energy efficiency of your fridge will improve. If no change in 24 hours call us so you don’t cause more damage to the refrigerator. Computers and compressors will burnout for extended run times.
When you Must Call a Appliance Repair Technician
Get in touch with a refrigerator repair service professional when:
- The refrigerator cooling is poor and it is giving out an abnormal squealing sound.
- The freezer compartment’s floor shows ice forming.
- Condenser coils are very hot or dirty.
- Water leakage source cannot be identified.
- Water condensation can be seen on the external body.
- Refrigerator cycles are irregular despite cleaning the condenser coils.
- Frost build up in freezer
You should contact Minneapolis Appliance Repair Service Co at 612-617-1000 for refrigerator repairs. Solutions for GE fridge repair, Whirlpool fridge repair, Amana fridge repair, Kenmore fridge are here.
Hydrogen Peroxide tips For Appliances
Hydrogen peroxide at 3% can be used in the same fashion as any store bought cleaner. 2 ounces in a sink full of cold clean water for squeaky clean vegetables, clean and free of most everything. Clean the cutting board sometimes if not every time with hydrogen peroxide to disinfect after use. With a spray bottle, spray down the inside of your refrigerator to clean and disinfect the walls and shelves. Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria, viruses, fungus, germs and more. Read our Hydrogen peroxide tips on the how to washer repair tips page and our how to dishwasher repair tips.